Wednesday, December 11, 2013

SNOW DAY!

I think I might still get as excited about a snow day as I did when I was a child!





I remember one year our bus driver ploughing into a massive snow drift on a narrow Yorkshire Dales road, you know the kind that is lined with drystone wall and if you meet another vehicle someone has to back up or squeeze up to the wall.  Well we were immediately stuck....I don't know what the bus driver was thinking!  We all had to walk back to the village and mum made homemade soup and we spent the day with snowball fights, building snowmen and jumping off drystone walls into 8 ft snow drifts!!!  Ah those were the days!!!!

Now I probably won't do any of the above today but it definitely looks like I won't be going to work if the snow keeps coming down at this rate (like the weather people say it's supposed to).  I have my coffee, the fire blazing and a whole stack of sewing, packaging and organizing to do!

I started writing this post yesterday.....then the snow stopped and I had to go to work....so much for a snow day  LOL  But it still looks beautiful outside!!!!  And best thing is I took all these pics by sticking my head out the front and the back door!    :o)











No comments:

Post a Comment