Friday, January 31, 2014

Sales on the increase at the Etsy Textile Trolley Shop

Just thought I'd give you a little update with the sales situation at my Etsy shop.
(hoping I don't jinx myself with this post)

So I officially opened my Etsy shop on March 16 2012.  By opening it I mean this is when I registered the name of the shop with Etsy I didn't actually have any merchandise for sale in there until December 8th 2012.
I'm happy to say that on my first day of having items for sale (when I really opened my shop in my eyes) I sold an item!

Star of David Heart Ornament A little blue handmade felt heart for Hanukkah.....I think in recognition of my first sale I should always have that item for sale...what do you think?  It was made in Super Storm Sandy when we lost power for 3 weeks....2 weeks....I can't remember now!

Anyway as any new Etsian does...I was hoping and dreaming of mega sales in a short period of time.  Didn't happen!!!!  I would scan shops similar to mine and see that they were easily selling 1,000 a year and wondered why I wasn't at that stage!!!  I wanted too much too soon I think.  I didn't appreciate all the hard work that goes in to establishing your Etsy shop with so much competition around you!

So I set my sights on selling my first 100 items and hoped and prayed it would be within my first year selling, thankfully I managed to accomplish that goal by August of 2013, so around 9 months!  When would I hit the next 100....another 9 months?  I hoped it would move faster and it did!!!  By January 1st 2014 I had made another 100 sales, so that took me around 4 months.

So what's my new goal?  Well in January alone I have sold 49 items!!!  So my new goal is to sell 50 before the end of January!!!  I have 15 hrs to go (as I write this). 

Keep your fingers crossed!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment