Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Why am I blogging?

Such a serious question!  So I'll give a serious answer: 

I am starting this blog because I feel I have something to give!
Quite simply I have valid and useful information in the world of children to share with parents and care givers and writing a blog is just one way that I can communicate with the masses....besides, it's cheaper and easier than writing a book!

Recently, after 20 years of full time nannying, I was made part time.  Quite understandable really, the child I care for at the moment is in full time school.  So I have my mornings free, which leaves plenty of time for a new venture so why not write a blog. Sure I could do many of the jobs that seem to pile up on a daily basis around the house, attack the projects on the 'TO DO' list and to be honest, that's what I did for the first few months....and it was great.....but now I need something more!  I need to do something worthwhile, for me....(and hopefully you).

Along with the blog I hope to open a shop on Etsy http://www.etsy.com/ with the same name 'TEXTILE TROLLEY' this will sell baby and child items made by yours truly.
So, hand in hand the blog and the shop will be my new venture in life and hopefully that one thing I can call my own!

If nothing else, at least I can say "I TRIED"


Let the journey begin.




No comments:

Post a Comment