Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Independence Day

People ask me if I celebrate Independence Day being that I am British.  To which I reply
"It's a day off work  isn't it"?
Who wouldn't celebrate not having to go to work and to be able to stay home and do whatever you want?  As much as you may love what you do.

But seriously, I have little recollection of being educated in this holiday back in England.....maybe because I wasn't really a major History buff....or maybe because we have so much other History to explore!  Give me those Viking stories any day "Arrrrrrr"

But it seems the thing to do for children on the 4th of July in the U.S. is to decorate your bike, watch a parade, attend a BBQ or pool party and watch fireworks.  Sounds like a good time to me.


Fourth of July Bike Clip Art
I have to credit the Queen of Crafts for this one www.marthastewart.com

I hope you all have a happy and safe 4th of July.
Are there any other traditions anyone has out there to celebrate this holiday?

And for the Brits reading this across the pond I apologize for such a lame post but a girl needs time to decorate her bike!!!!

C-ya

No comments:

Post a Comment