Monday, November 4, 2013

Apple Picking in the Fall

Very much a tradition around here in New Jersey is to go apple picking in the fall.

While my Mum and Aunt were visiting from the U.K. we stopped by one of the local farms so they could see what it was all about.  Don't get me wrong, we have apple trees in England but I never encountered the 'apple picking experience' from an apple farm until I came to the states.

Fortunately we had a beautiful day and there were many families visiting the farm too, everyone looked to be having a great time no matter what age.....definitely something the children enjoy as often there are hay rides and other activities too.

We went to Melick's in Oldwick  http://www.melickstownfarm.com/

Here are some pics I captured

























Make the last of the Fall/Autumn days and spend some time at a farm near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment