Thursday, July 31, 2014

Greensleeves Shop in Flemington, New Jersey

Are you finding yourself singing "Greensleeves" and not knowing the words beyond "was all my joy" like me???  LOL    If you need to hear the song you can click on the arrow below....
(if you're reading this via email that link won't work)



Anyway back to MY Greensleeves....the newest shop to stock Textile Trolley.  I went for a visit last weekend to check it out as I missed the grande opening.

Here are some pics.  If you live close to Flemington it's DEFINITELY worth a trip.


Greensleeves is a huge space, grab a coffee and a cake and sit and have a chat at one of the reclaimed chairs and tables.


How amazing is this?  Volunteers painted shutters to cover the walls.  BRILLIANT!


How adorable is that Bakery counter? 




I can definitely vouch for the Egg and Cheddar stuffed croissant  OMG!!!!  I think my boyfriend has mentioned them about 4 times in less than a week!!!
Also the Brownie with peanut butter icing was to die for as was the Magic Bars, Lemon Bars, Hungarian Raspberry Bars, and the regular Brownie. Yes I tried them all......we bought a box of goodies to SHARE with friends.  Everything was so fresh and moist and delicious.







Check out the 
amazing lights.

They covered up 
the ugly boxy
lights with
kitchen utensils,
shells,
cutlery,
teacups!







One of the hutches with some of Textile Trolley's baby items.


Another beautiful hutch with Textile Trolley's items and also amazing soaps and lotions from Secret Garden Soap of Madison





















Fantastic aprons and clothing from Norma and Henry





Beautiful jewelery from Stia Couture









Wonderfully vibrant Painted Mason Jars from Noble Dippy



A beautiful selection of gorgeousness (I didn't even know that was a real word...no spell check LOL)



Love these paper pom poms from Ruffled Paper I bought 3 that I'm hoping to display on my tent at  Renegade Craft Fair in Brooklyn on September 13th/14th 2014



Love these coffee sack bags from Lavanta Coffee will try the coffee too next time I go.



Big shout out to Koz's Korner who was the one who recommended me to Greensleeves.  All the wooden signs you see in the shop are done by my pal Koz



I cannot describe to you how delicious these chocolates are from David Bradley



I've got a feeling that one of these will be coming home with me next time I visit.  Beautiful items from Charlie Thyme



Another reclaimed wood business....isn't it great these people are saving all the wood....One Man Gathers Studio



Jewelery by Lisa features reclaimed/recycled materials.



Beautiful Jersey printed flour sacks!


So as you can see for yourself this place is WORTH A VISIT!  Not only does it have the best baked goods around for miles it has fantastic local artists too....and if it's not enough that you support local you are also helping support people with special needs.  A percentage of all sold goods goes to help provide housing, healthcare, meaningful employment, and recreational opportunities to people with special needs in the communities of their choice.

Greensleeves is an affiliate of Allies.

And if you STILL need further persuasion.....Liberty Village outlets are right next door!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful place, people, products and food! My boyfriend had one of the brownies - then went back for a second the next day! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The baby items of Textile Trolley are so endearing, especially those bibs. Those fantastic aprons are very colorful. Everything is very gorgeous there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much Rob.
    Those brownies are VERY dangerous Jessica....I'm grateful it's a 40 min drive!!!

    Everything is so wonderful and it's only going to get better......I think they have great plans for even more gorgeousness.....especially with the changing of the seasons coming up....I know...it's still summer....don't think about it yet LOL

    ReplyDelete