Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Planting herbs in pots

At the end of spring my little girl and I always plant herbs in pots.  I like herbs because I think they are very easy and a good introduction to gardening.  I for one still get excited when I see something wonderful and luscious growing just from putting a few seeds in some soil.

Growing plants from seeds teaches a child a valuable lesson in nurturing and caring for something.  It's a responsibility that with the help of an adult is easily managed and with a little TLC and a dash of patience should produce something they can be proud of.


Just some of the herbs we chose, cilantro, parsley and basil.

We chose organic soil and seeds.


They are so tiny you have to be careful you're not tempted to dump the whole packet.


Planting them all by herself, under special guidance of course.



Cover them up and give them a good watering (we didn't use bottled water, just the container).

VOIILA!


It doesn't take much time to see these tiny things grow....if you have never planted seeds with a child I would encourage you to give it a go it can be a lot of fun for both of you.....plus it's cheaper than the grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment