Wednesday, September 19, 2012

I saw your nanny blog

While doing research recently I came across another blog for nannies and parents, it's called
I Saw Your Nanny http://isawyournanny.blogspot.com/

At first I thought what an odd title and wondered what it was about thinking it was perhaps something to do with people spying on nannies.  I've been on the blog a few times since and even responded to a couple of postings....it's actually a very interesting place to visit.  It covers all sorts of topics to do with childcare.  It has postings from nannies and parents looking for advice, people reporting nannies ignoring their charges and interesting articles in the news concerning children.

I have to say my favourite part of the site is when people report 'not so great' nannies! 
Most of the sightings are at the park and I totally connect with them having witnessed many similar scenes myself and feeling very frustrated at the lack of attention and supervision some nannies give to their charges.

I'm the nanny following my charge around the playground even today when she is 6 years old.....I never sit on a bench unless she is playing in the same spot and only then it's briefly.  I never take my eyes off her, I start to panic if for a moment I lose track of her but it's never normally more than a few seconds.  It infuriates me to no end when I see nannies/parents just sitting on benches chatting to each other and they haven't a clue where their child could be. 

Go check out the website, it's an interesting read......and a place to report any nanny who is not acting in the best interest of the child.

No comments:

Post a Comment