Monday, October 29, 2012

Rain, rain go away....

Greetings all.  I am back from my whirlwind trip around the U.K.  What an adventure!  Talk about non-stop!

And from whirlwind.....to hurricane!  Yes we are in a 'state of emergency' as declared by our Governor yesterday.  What does that mean?  Well it means that most of us are to stay off the roads which means a lovely day at home!  Thanks Sandy!

It's not too bad outside at the moment.  There's a lot of wind but nothing atrocious yet and it just started to rain.

Anyway, I thought I would download my pics from the U.K. while I still have power and thought I'd share a few here seeing as though it's taking me a little time to get back into the swing of blogging again.

So here's just a sample from North Yorkshire, Edinburgh and London.



There was an awful lot of these size roads.  One day we almost had a bump with a Bentley!
Bolten Abbey
Seats carved out of old trees in a church graveyard in Hubberholme
A rainbow from my (old) bedroom window
Eton Mess  YUM!  Meringue, raspberries, strawberries, cream and raspberry sauce
Edinburgh Castle at night
The coffee truck we so badly needed.  This one is at Carlisle Train station.

The old Woolpack Inn.  Any Emmerdale fans?
A mighty fine afternoon spent here educating ourselves!
It wouldn't be a trip to the U.K. without 'Fish 'n' Chips'
What do you know....our bus tour and hotel in London, slap bang in the middle of the TUC demonstration, only 250,000 people jamming up the roads!!!
Bus tour gridlock
The Shard.  The newest skyscraper to line the London Skyline
Love this view, even though it was taken at speed and is a bit blurry
Ahhhhh London at night from the River Thames

No comments:

Post a Comment