Friday, May 3, 2013

Making handmade cards


I have a few cards for sale in the shop, all contain fabric in some shape or form.  So I thought I would do a quick tutorial today on how I make them.

I chose this versatile dress template, it can be made into so many different occasion cards!


 Sweet Sixteen Birthday Card / Sweet 16 Birthday Card




Here's what you need.....

Fabric for the dress
Iron on interfacing
Ribbon
Card and envelope
Template (I used a stamp)
Fabric and paper scissors
Pencil
Bone folder
Multipurpose glue







I used a stamp as my template.  Stamped it with ink, let it dry, cut it out and voila you have a template.



Take your iron and iron on the interfacing to the wrong side of the fabric.



I always place the iron on the fabric not the interfacing.....follow manufacturer's instructions....usually it's no steam!




Trace around your template onto your fabric and cut out making sure you cut inside the lines so you have no pencil mark on your card



Position your trim on your dress



I glued the trim on with a permanent fabric glue but the multipurpose glue works fine too



Once the glue on the trim is dry flip over the dress and trim off the excess




Glue your dress to your card and let dry.  I printed my card with the wording before gluing on the dress


If you love the cards but are short on time to make them.....hop on over to the Textile Trolley Etsy shop where you can buy them already made with just a simple click!!!  You can choose different wording and ribbon color!  I'll be adding more next week.


Quinceanera Card / Feliz Quinceanera / 15th Birthday Card

https://www.etsy.com/listing/150160768/quinceanera-card-feliz-quinceanera-15th?ref=shop_home_active



Sweet Sixteen Birthday Card / Sweet 16 Birthday Card
https://www.etsy.com/listing/150039570/sweet-sixteen-birthday-card-sweet-16?ref=shop_home_active



First Holy Communion Card/ Confirmation Card / Wording can be changed
https://www.etsy.com/listing/130968355/first-holy-communion-card-confirmation?ref=shop_home_active


Hope you all have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment