Thursday, August 15, 2013

Funny things children say

Earlier on this year Ms. I (she's 7) and I were traveling home from Tae Kwon Do just having a general chit chat about life when I spotted two Jewish gentlemen walking down the road.  Interested to know if Ms. I (who is herself Jewish) knew why they were dressed in long black clothing with ringlets in their hair and a hat on their head on such a hot day I asked her...

Do you know who those men are?

She looked at them and said no.

I asked her if she knew why they were dressed the way they were on such a hot day, she studied them very carefully and said...

"I think they're detectives"

I could barely contain myself from bursting out in fits of laughter but didn't want to upset her because she seemed so serious about her reply.  To this day I still can't really figure out why she said that other than some detectives wear long rain coats and hats ....think about it Dick Tracy, Inspector Gadget, Columbo,

It's always interesting how the young mind works isn't it?  And that story makes me chuckle every time I think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment