Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Slow down and smell the roses, then encourage the praying mantis off your boot and get back to work.

So, life is busy.  My life always seems to be busy which I try and appreciate as much as I can.  People that know me well always tell me I need to take time for me, time to relax so I've been trying to do that a little bit more lately, even if it is just to sit and watch a little T.V or to sit and eat some lunch instead of flying around the house with a sandwich in my hand.

Yesterday I received a sign from nature that I should be doing more of this sitting still stuff.

This weekend we began to stain the deck which is quite a long slow process as it turns out!  You can't stain in the morning because it's too dewy, you can't stain in direct sunlight so this leaves us from 6.30pm to 8.30pm (as long as there is no rain forecast in the next 24 hours)....I'm not sure we are even half way through.

Before we stained


After we stained.....better right?

Last night I came out to the deck to find a sign from Mother Nature on my boot.....

No that's not a blade of vibrant grass

Sorry about the blinding flash underneath this spectacular Praying Mantis.

An appearance from the mantis is a message to be still, go within, meditate, get quiet and reach a place of calm. It may also be a sign for you to be more mindful of the choices you are making and confirm that these choices are the right ones for you!

So we put down our paint brushes and went out for Sushi, followed by a dessert of chocolate covered praying mantis LOL just kidding.

I'm not sure I'm the slowing down type, and when you're starting a business or taking care of children there's not much time for slowing down but I'm trying to take time to be still and think better of my choices.  As for meditation that might have to wait!  Baby steps!

No comments:

Post a Comment