Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Who am I?

It's amazing how this question makes you think!
I know myself very well......but when asked to put it in writing it's an entirely different matter.

The founding facts of my life are as follows:-
I am a Brit, born and raised in the Yorkshire Dales (anyone familiar with James Herriot?)  It looked a lot like this where I grew up.  Fields, sheep, cows, dry stone walls etc etc it's a very beautiful part of the country.

Embsay Crag
Burnsall on the River Wharfe

Taken from Hetton with views into Rylstone


At 19 I left home and went to 'Norland College' http://www.norland.co.uk/
And became one of these .......a brown hat, white gloves, pram pushing nanny (although we only had to wear the hat and gloves when we left the grounds of the college).

And no, I am not in the picture (although I think I trained with one of these lovely ladies).
Hats and white gloves: Norland nannies are trained to the highest level
Thanks to channel 4 for the pic

I attended the college for 2 years and then worked as a nanny in a private home in London.
At 23 yrs old I ventured out to the states and found a great job in New Jersey, and here I have stayed ever since.
I have been a nanny for 20 years and have take care of every age from birth all the way through to those terrible teens (really people, the two's are nothing!!!)

So I believe I am completely qualified to write a blog about children and all they entail.  Hopefully I can give some advice, tell some stories, show some creative crafts, recipes etc etc 


No comments:

Post a Comment