Friday, June 29, 2012

Life at Norland College Part 5


The grande finale!

At the end of all our course work and final exams we were allowed to celebrate.
ABOUT TIME!!!
First we threw a very relaxed party outside of our living quarters.





Our friends at the Army barracks put up tents 'just in case of rain'.
Beautifully rustic aren't they?

 

 And of course every good party needs a bouncy castle.








                      The party in final swing!  
                   We look sooooooo 90's!!!!








At the end of our 2 year course there was a beautiful 'Garden Party' in the grounds of Denford Park.
This was when we would display our work and family and friends of the graduates would join us in afternoon tea and take a look around the college.  I was luckily enough to graduate college during the 'Centennial Year' as you can imagine this was an extra special time.

Yours truly looking non too thrilled

Mum, Dad, Gran and friends from home visiting the Garden Party 1992





That's me on the left
 Along with the garden party there was a special Masquerade Ball.
Every female attending had to wear a ballgown and every male a tuxedo (I think).  I say 'I think' because I celebrated a little too much at the 'free' champagne cocktail hour and the rest is a little fuzzy.  In my defense I was a dedicated student who had used up all my money on my final display and once inside the tent you had to pay for your wine but the champagne was free!!!
If you ask me I was simply being financially conscientious!

I did manage to have a pic with my ballgown (specially made for the event).



In our final night at college it was tradition to 'wreck the college'.  By wrecking I mean putting things in places they don't belong, turning chairs upside down etc etc  all very tame really.
                           
Breakfast in our PJ's (usually not allowed)
Can't remember where this ended up.

The final hurrah, as tradition states, you are to leave your cars on the front lawn in the shape of the set number you were.  We were set 7.....pretty easy to organize really, thank goodness we weren't the next intake!  
Could have been a bump or two.

My blue Renault 5 was the 3rd car at the bottom.



Once we had all said our tearful goodbyes we drove out of the college grounds one final time honking our horns like crazy.  I honked mine so much it broke!  True story.

And that is the end of my experience at the NORLAND COLLEGE!
I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed reminiscing and writing about it. 

3 comments:

  1. I loved this mini series on Norland. At first I was in two minds about sound the degree there (NNEB no longer) but after reading through your posts I think it aounds like an amazing curriculum.
    I'm looking forward to working my way through your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking the time comment Martha, it was indeed an amazing curriculum and only seems to have become more amazing over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey hey hey! Just discovered these! There's me in some of the photos! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete