Friday, December 21, 2012

How to make a Candy Wreath

I know, I know there is no other wreath better than a candy one to a kid.  And the good thing about this for parents is that they can't eat it!!!

Here's what my little friend and I created together!

GORGEOUS!  Don't you think?

Here's what you will need

All the ingredients necessary
Hard candies
Glue gun and glue
A foam wreath (ours had a flat back)
Glitter paint spray
Wreath hanger

First I sprayed the wreath with the glitter paint and let it dry for a few hours.  I did this outside on cardboard.





When the wreath was dry we took it inside to decorate.  We then began the tedious task of unwrapping all the candy.

I operated the glue gun and my little girl placed the candies in the glue.  She had a very serious talking to about how she was not to touch the glue gun and to very carefully drop the candy in place and push it down with one or two fingers!





Our wreath took four rows of candy.  Two on the top and one on the inside, one on the outside.  We left a gap at the top so the ribbon could go around but really it wasn't that necessary.


The finished product hangs on the screen door that is propped open in the porch.  Our front door was too thick for the wreath hanger to go over.
You could also hang it anywhere using a hook.

My bosses are worried it will attract animals.  What do you think?  We don't have too many bears in the area so I'm not worried.  I could possibly imagine a squirrel curled up in the bottom of the circle taking a nap while licking on the candy  LOL.  Or maybe the birds will peck it to death!!!
I'll keep you posted!

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment