Monday, June 17, 2013

Turning doodles into art

 The other day Ms. I and I were going through all her art work, pages and pages of doodling, scribbles, writing, and some serious master pieces.  I left it up to her to decide which she was keeping and which she was recycling.  At first she was saving everything until we both looked at the pile and thought that we need to be a bit more serious about what we were keeping.  During this process she came across a piece of paper with scribbles, and non serious doodles but with this really cute picture of a bird right in the middle, she loved the bird but the rest she wanted to throw away and wasn't sure which pile to put the paper in.  I loved the bird too so we decided to cut him out and keep him and throw the rest away, here's what we came up with.




                        

 Here's what you'll need:-

A frame, I got a cheap one from IKEA
Art
Coordinating scrapbook paper
Scissors
Rotary cutter (not necessary)
Double sided tape or glue
Pencil





Here's our cute bird


Here's our cute bird all trimmed of pen markings (it doesn't have to be rectangle shape)




I marked the scrapbook paper with the mat so I could centre the picture



I cut the scrapbook paper to the size of the frame and used double sided tape to adhere the bird to the paper, I find I don't have to worrying about tape distorting the paper like glue can sometimes.


Pop him in the frame and you're finished.  Talk about 'cheep' art!







He fits in perfectly in my office

No comments:

Post a Comment