Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Easy Craft for Children:- Pencil pot out of a coffee can

It's been a while since I've done a craft tutorial so I thought I'd show you my decorated pencil pot from an old coffee can.





You will need these items

tin or card coffee can
fabric
ruler
scissors
Mod Podge


Ye old coffee can



Ye old naked coffee can (most wrappings are easy to remove)


Measure coffee can


Measure precisely from just inside both rims and you can use a piece of string or tape measure to measure the circumference of the can, then cut out the fabric according to the measurements and add about half an inch extra to overlap the fabric once it has gone round the can.



If you have a cutting mat, ruler and rotary cutter it makes the job very easy


I applied Mod Podge to the tin and then slowly wrapped the fabric around, making sure the loose end overlaps the glued end.


Let it dry for a good day.  Then you can add flowers or any other kind of decoration if you desire.  You could even glue on different fabrics in different shapes or spell a name in fabric and glue it on.  Typical, I have these ideas after I've finished the project. 

Use it for pencils, straws, flowers (smaller vase inside pot), really anything!




I'll show you how to make the fabric flowers in a later post.....they are SOOOOO EASY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment