Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Easy Craft for Children: Paper Bunting


Hi guys....I'm making my final Valentine's decorations.  My 6 year old and I plan to decorate the dinner table for Valentine's dinner for the family.  She's very excited about surprising her mum who has been away on a business trip and comes back just in time for Valentine's day.  So I thought we would start by making some paper bunting.

Here's what you'll need.  I got my paper pad from Michaels....good ol' Martha Stewart had a perfect sized pad of double sided paper so this bunting will look great from both sides if we choose to hang it across a room .





I started by tearing all the papers out of the booklet.  They had a white border with a hole in each sheet at the top so I used my paper cutter to chop them all off.  Then I measured where the half way mark was on the long side of the paper and chopped each sheet in half.



And here's a sample of what you end up with...



To get the flag shape I used some scrap card to make a template and traced around a few of the cards.
I then stacked 3 cards together and cut 3 at once.  The one with the template on on top the other two were blank.  After I had cut the triangle shape out at the bottom I rested the template over each flag and punched the holes out.



You should end up with flags all ready to be strung.



Next simply thread your ribbon through the holes and string them all together!  You can make a loop at each end to hook the garland on to where ever you would like it.



Of course you can use any kind of paper to decorate any holiday!

Have a go...it's fun and inexpensive....especially as everything Valentine is on sale right now....my paper was 50% off.

No comments:

Post a Comment