Friday, April 19, 2013

Inspiration from the movie 'Ramona and Beezus'

Well it was a bit of a dreary day yesterday here in N.J. and Ms. I is off school this week so we treated ourselves to a movie afternoon.

Anyone seen Ramona and Beezus?  It was a surprisingly good movie, I actually quite enjoyed it (the fact that it had John Corbett and Josh Duhamel in it probably helped a good chunk).

 That's just given me a thought...I should probably write a post on all the children's movies that I actually could tolerate to watch and sometimes enjoy (note to self 'The Wizards of Waverly Place' will NOT make the cut).

Anyhoooo one of the scenes in the movie gave Ms. I and myself an idea.  Ramona and her Dad draw 'the longest picture in the world' and Ramona takes it in for a class presentation.  It's technically not the longest picture in the world but it's a great scene and idea nonetheless.

We rolled out the paper as long as the table (you can buy rolls at most Art supply stores) and got to work.  We decided on a farm scene....here are Ms. I's pics.....I'll spare myself the embarrassment of showing the farmhouse (that was my project).

It's quite difficult to take a photo of a long picture!


Check out Ms. I's scarecrow guarding the fields of corn


She was very proud of how her pigs came out.....

......until she drew her cows.....


......and ducks and frog......and then they became her new favourites


We are currently in the process of colouring it all in


I have to say it was a pretty cool way of spending the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment