Monday, April 15, 2013

Textile Trolley at it's first Craft Fair

Well I did it!  I popped my craft show cherry!

I completed my first craft show and I have to say that I don't think I have worked so hard leading up to this day in all my life.  I am officially exhausted!  I plan to take it easy for the next week and recoup and reorganize (my studio looks like a bomb went off with all the last minute details I did).

I will say that it was successful, it was a huge accomplishment for me.  I was nervous to sign up, and I put it off for quite a while.  Then I was worried I wouldn't have enough items to fill my space (I actually didn't have enough room on the table for everything) so I sewed and crafted frantically for weeks and weeks.

Setting up the table downstairs in the basement gave me a good feel of how I wanted everything laid out....tall things at the back, small at the front, layering items etc  And then the day before the show was frantic, tagging some items, making price labels for others, ironing the table cloth, making sure I had all the extra's packed. Here is a link to a great list of what to bring to craft shows I found
http://indiefixx.com/2011/06/08/craft-show-checklist-what-to-bring-with-you-2/)
and here's another
http://festivalnet.com/help/tips/160things.html

So without any more waffling on (for now) here are the pics I took.  Enjoy!


7.15 a.m. putting on the table cloth a.k.a. queen size flat sheet (or was it king)


Moving as fast as I possibly could we only had 1 hr and 45 mins and I knew it would fly by



We just finished set up as the first people walked through the door PHEW!



You just can't find the staff these days!



My home made bib hanger....can you guess what I made it out of?



A close up of my bibs....this was a great way to display them, people could really look through the selection  easily....and no refolding necessary.



A selection of burp cloths



Made just for the show.....Matryoshka doll key chains (which sold quite well), yo-yo pins and lavender sachets.



I think these will be going on Etsy....great colours for Spring and Summer



Two tone bibs ...my personal favourite



A selection of bookmarks some with ribbons, some with yo-yo's



The pillows looked great all stuffed in a basket with the extra pillow covers in a row in front.



The button hair ties were a good seller....I'll have to make some more of these



Cheap and cheerful, these tags will be going on to the Etsy site and down to the Women's Exchange in Little Silver.



Large and small wooden tags....also a nice seller






 


Burp cloths all packaged up


My selection of XL baby bibs.....great for self feeding toddlers because they are so big


A selection of blankets

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TextileTrolley?ref=si_shop

And of course the link above is where you will be able to buy most of the above goodies....I'll be increasing my inventory there over the next couple of weeks so keep check back.


I got a couple of compliments on my signs from other vendors.....they are frames from IKEA.  I printed my prices on them and slotted the print out in....I printed both sides so that I could see what the prices were from behind the table (if I needed a little reminder).

So there you have it....all in pictures.  I loved how the table looked and flowed but there are a few things I would do differently next time.  And yes people...there will be a next time  :o)

A HUGE thank you to my ever wonderful, wing woman, Angela who I couldn't have done without!
Every girl needs a side kick.

No comments:

Post a Comment