Friday, November 16, 2012

An easy Thanskgiving craft for children

Thanksgiving Place Cards

O.K. so thanks to Sandy I wasn't able to publish any Halloween crafts....sorry about that!

But I am able to give you a couple of Thanksgiving crafts that should keep the little ones out of your hair long enough for you to mash those potatoes and have a glass of wine!

Yesterday my 6 year old charge and I decided to make
Thanksgiving place cards for her family's
Thanksgiving dinner.....all 15 of them with a couple
of extras 'just in case'.

It's very easy....here's how we did it!





You will need:

White card stock
Paper cutter or scissors
A Thanksgiving stamp
Ink
Coloured pencils
Lead pencil or pen 






First I cut the card stock into 4 pieces measuring 4.25" x 5.5"

We then folded each piece in half....we did it long ways so that we had room to stamp and write the name.

This is the stamp we chose!


I love our turkey stamp.  I think I picked him up at Michaels a few years ago.


We were going to print in gold but it didn't show up enough so we chose bronze.


First she stamped the image on all cards and allowed to dry.


"I'm not fat I'm fluffy".  Might use that line myself! 


Then she wrote all the names of the guests.


And we coloured them in together.

Very simple! Very cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment