Sunday, November 11, 2012

The light at the end of the tunnel...

"I'm baaaaacck"

FINALLY on day 14 of no power, at 11am my toilet started gurgling and my TV popped on!  Music to my ears! 

It's amazing what you miss when living without power, for instance, I never, ever thought I'd hear myself say "I just can't wait to vacuum" but I did.  And after I cleaned the house from top to bottom I made a celebratory Shepherds Pie.....would have taken a pic but it was gone before I thought of it!!!

It was a long 2 weeks but every time I found it tough I just reminded myself that I was one of the lucky ones....my house is still standing and it doesn't have a tree crashed through the roof.

I have seen an awful lot of devastation in the last 2 weeks and my heart goes out to those that were hit hard by Sandy.  Let's hope that was the storm of the century and there's no more nasty surprises lurking around the corner.

So I've had the time (no work for 12 days straight) to do quite a bit of sewing preparation in the last 2 weeks and I have a stack of items a mile high for when the sewing machine is able to function again.  I've also done my fair share of hand sewing too.....I'll share a couple of pics of some Christmas decorations later on this week.

But for now I need to get my rest, enjoy what's left of the weekend.
Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment