Friday, November 16, 2012

Child or Kid???

When I was in college under no circumstances were we ever
Image Ref: 01-10-2 - Goat, Viewed 18380 timesallowed to call children 'kids'.

"Kids are baby goats....we do not take care of baby goats"
our vice principal announced on arrival!
This was probably part of the same
"hair must be off the collar at all times" speech. 
Fun!  Not!

And to this day I find it very hard to write about 'kids'.  You probably haven't noticed.  And it's possible I may have slipped up on this blog and not written 'children' but every time I think about writing child/children I always wonder if I wrote kid/kids would I get more hits on my blog?

I know I'm in America and most people say kids.....so I'm wondering if not saying kids is hurting me!  But there's something in me that seems to stick with the word 'child'!

Any experienced bloggers got any thoughts on this?  I'm just curious.....not sure I could change anyway!!!


P.S.
I just googled 'child vs kid' and it's very interesting that point 1 on http://www.thefreedictionary.com is young goat! 
The definition of 'a young person' isn't until point 3!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment