Monday, December 10, 2012

Happy Hanukkah

Growing up in the north of England I had never
heard of Hanukkah!
EVERYONE I knew celebrated Christmas.....and I'm pretty sure if you go back to the Yorkshire Dales today you'd be hard stretched to find anyone celebrating Hanukkah. 
Funny isn't it?  Different regions - different religions.

Anyhow......I thought I would make some Hanukkah decorations.

I don't know if it's just me but I can never seem to find many cute items when it comes to Hanukkah gifts....so I thought I'd make some.

Again the blanket stitch comes into play......if you need a quick tutorial check out this youtube video on my Felt Christmas Ornaments link

http://textiletrolley.blogspot.com/2012/12/hand-made-felt-christmas-ornaments.html

Just like the others these were made during the power outage so I don't have any tutorial but they are quite self explanatory.  Just make sure you sew the Star of David on first before you sew the hearts together.  I sewed about 3/4 of the way around then stuffed them with poly-fil and sewed the ribbon on last.

And this is what they look like after you've made a coordinating set.








Have a go....they are very easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment