Monday, January 28, 2013

Easy Valentine Card Craft for Children

HAPPY MONDAY to you!  
Great now I have the song 'Step On' running through my head.
WHAT? you don't know it???


 


Anyway.....that's not what today is about!
Today I want to share a really easy Valentine Card project with you.

MOSAIC VALENTINE HEART

  


My 6 year old made this Valentine Card least week.


First we cut out a heart shape from card stock.
Then she cut up different pieces of scrap fabric I had left over from sewing projects.



She glued them on with fabric glue but I'm sure something like Elmer's school glue would work fine for this.



 Half way done.



We made sure all the card was covered which meant some piece of fabric overlapped the edge so she flipped the heart over and trimmed it down.




She then stuck it on a folded piece of card stock and wrote Happy Valentine's Day on the front and decorated with tiny hearts in ink.  She was so excited she put it in the envelope and sealed it up before I could even snap a pic of the finished product but I think you get the idea!

Hope this gives you some incentive for Valentine's cards.  You could even cut up magazines to make a mosaic heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment