Monday, January 14, 2013

Museum of Mathematics, NYC

Hey families.....or math geniuses.....or curious people.... if you live in the NYC area or are visiting the area, there is a brand new museum that has just opened....the Museum of Mathematics (MoMath).  It is the first museum in the U.S. to solely be devoted to mathematics.

There are 40 plus interactive exhibits to explore including a 'Wall of Fire' where lasers detect hidden shapes in everyday objects and the 'Pedal on Petals' where you ride a square wheeled tricycle over a sunflower shaped track....sounds tricky!!!!

The museum is located at 11East 26th St. (between 5th and Madison) and is open 10 am to 5 pm daily.
Admission is $15 for adults and $9 for children if you buy online.....a $1 extra at the door.

http://momath.org/

I haven't been yet but I know someone who has and they said they had a great time there.  I hope to check it out soon....and then I can add my own opinion and photos to this post.

If you've been already let me know how it is.

Louise

1 comment: